Camping and backpacking have re-opened in the East Bay Regional Parks! Reservations within a 4-week window will be accepted online or by phone starting Feb 2 at 10 am (no drop-in reservations).
- Anthony Chabot and Del Valle family campgrounds and limited backpack sites will reopen Thursday February 11, 2021
- Del Valle campground has NO water until mid-March. Portable toilets will be available; BYO drinking water & RVs must fill water tanks before arriving.
- Fires/BBQs WILL be allowed
- Limited backpack sites in Ohlone Wilderness & Sunol are open. Maggie’s Half Acre is closed.
- Sunol and Sibley backpack sites are open. There are normal seasonal closures at Anthony Chabot, Morgan Territory and Black Diamond.
- Round Valley backpack camp is still closed due to fire-related park closure.
- Group camping sites and reservable picnic areas remain closed under the current guidelines for the purple tier.
More info: www.ebparks.org/activities/camping
Dave Mason, Public Information Supervisor