2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 - 1989
Since its founding in 1934, the East Bay Regional Park District has led the charge in creating and fostering a forward-looking agency. We are constantly evaluating and adapting to changing landscapes to protect our parklands and to stay relevant to the communities we serve. We are committed to excellence and accountability within our agency and to collaboration across agencies, community organizations, and businesses to leverage our collective resources and knowledge for the greatest impact.
Over the years, the Park District has been recognized by peers, credentialing authorities and accrediting organizations for our leadership in financial management, public safety service, land preservation, land use planning, innovation in programming, community services, and communications.
We are especially proud to have received repeated awards and recognition for the following:
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA): Distinguished Budget Presentation Award Winner from 2005 to 2020 for our comprehensive budget documents that meet program criteria as a policy document, as an operations guide, as a financial plan, and as a communications device.
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA): Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from 2000 to 2020 for our comprehensive annual financial reports that evidence the spirit of transparency and full disclosure
- Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA): Law Enforcement Accreditation in 2010 and Advanced Law Enforcement Reaccreditation in 2013. Advanced Law Enforcement Reaccreditation With Excellence in 2016 and 2020. The accreditation recognizes our Police Department for excellence in public safety services, professional law enforcement, and management.
Recently, the District was awarded:
Below are awards and recognition that our Park District, Board of Directors, and staff received over the years.
- Ramsar International Convention on Wetlands
San Francisco Bay/Estuary, Wetland Site of International Importance
- San Francisco Estuary Partnership (SFEP), Outstanding Environmental Awards: Big Break Visitor Center, and the Tidewater Service Area Outreach Project. Press Release
- California Association of Recreation and Park Districts (CARPD)
• Award of Distinction for Outstanding New Facility: Big Break Visitor Center at the Delta
• Award of Distinction for Outstanding Newspaper Coverage: Ethnic Media Outreach 2010-2012
- Northern California Chapter of the American Public Works Association (APWA-NCA)
Project of the Year Award: Alamo Canal Trail Under-crossing
- YMCA of the East Bay (YMCA-EB), Celebrating the Difference Volunteers Make to Our Partner Organizations Award: Students Tikal Ramirez and Zachary Su, EBRPD Recreation Department; and Board President Rand Swenson and Past President Jay Gilson, Regional Parks Foundation
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
• Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting: East Bay Regional Park District
• Distinguished Budget Presentation Award: East Bay Regional Park District
- Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA): Advanced Law Enforcement Reaccreditation: EBRPD Police Department
- American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), 2013 Research, Planning, Analysis and Communication Merit Award: Breuner Marsh Restoration and Public Access Project
- American Trails International (ATI), Hulet Hornbeck Lifetime Achievement Award: General Manager Pat O’Brien
- California Parks & Recreation Society (CPRS), Professional and Service Awards: Director Carol Severin
- Trails and Greenways Conference, Merit Award - Kids and Trails: Kids Healthy Outdoor Challenge
- National Association for Interpretation (NAI), Outstanding Senior/Retired Interpreter Award: Naturalist Alan Kaplan
- Association for Gravestone Studies (AGS)
Forbes Lifetime Achievement Award: Supervising Naturalist Traci Parent (retired), for the book Rose Hill: A Comprehensive History of a Pioneer Cemetery
- Audubon International (AI), Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary: Tilden Regional Park Golf Course
- California Association of Public Information Officers (CAPIO), Award of Merit in Graphic Design: 2012 Trails Challenge Graphics
- AVA Digital Awards (AVA), Gold Award, Video for the Web: Get Active!; Honorable Mention, Landing Page, Get Active!
- California Park Rangers Association (CPRA), Lifesaving Award: Officer William Deleon-Granados